Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Crackle and Embossing Powder

Some results from yesterday's (and today's) madness.
I sprinkled embossing powder onto wet crackle paint, waited for it to start to dry and then hit it with my heat gun.
It worked really well for the texture I was trying to achieve--a steampunk background.

 

I did get some lifting, but I noticed some of that happening on areas that I didn't heat.  Very likely that the lifting was caused by the many layers of gelatos, tissue, gesso, oil pastels, ink, etc. caused the flakiness. 
To keep the texture and stop the paint from actually flaking off I'm going to put a coat of mod-podge over it.
That should be nice and messy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. It really makes my day!

Sorry about the word verification--my blog was hijacked not too long ago, so now I have to take robo-cautions.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...